This repository houses examples and environment setup for the Revature feeder program beginning on 6/7/2021
Environment Setup Guide
This document provides a list of the required technologies for anyone who will be participating in the Revature Online Training program. It details why each technology is required and provides some instructions on how to install and configure the technologies.
The following technologies are required in order to complete this phase of the program:
- Git (Week 1): We'll be using Git as a version control tool during the course of this program. Not only will you use Git to track changes to your projects, but you'll also use it to collaborate with your trainer and with your fellow associates.
- Java SE Development Kit 8 (Week 1): We will be utilizing Java 8 as our primary language for the duration of the program. This software development kit will provide the compiler and runtime environment needed to quickly and efficiently develop Java applications.
- Spring Tool Suite 4 (Week 1): We will be using Spring Tool Suite 4 as our integrated development environment (IDE). Though you don't need an IDE to write code, an IDE provides several features that make rapid development (e.g. quickly writing and refactoring code) easier.
- Visual Studio Code: We will be utilizing Visual Studio Code as our text editor.
- Git Cheat Sheet (This is a GitHub-provided cheat sheet for some simple Git commands.): https://github.github.com/training-kit/downloads/github-git-cheat-sheet.pdf
- Java Docs (The official API specification for Java 8): https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/